Monday 21 March 2016

21.3 16

Suture day!!
As long as she doesnt forget. Ive asked the nurse to come today so tomorrow i can go to Chris for my last week before my next onslaught of chemo. It seems a life time away that i had the last lot. This time next week ill be attached to Rudolph again (drip stand and pumps) and have to take him everywhere i go for 5 days. Really looking forward to that. Its like being married but without the income!
Stitch out, so my next problem is worrying about the line staying put! Im sure it'll be fine, but i have to have something to worry about! But at least i don't have to worry about the line flush this week. They can do it on monday when I'm in hospital.
So i have 5-6 days at Chris's house, surrounded by dogs, pigs, sheep, alpacas, chickens, ducks and geese...oh yes, and an evil cat and an evil cockerel....oh yes and the odd rat or two. To keep me distracted theres possible lambing (hopefully), new ducks etc to view, and the building work thats going on at Chris's house. Unfortunately the builders that have been on site have both been in their late 60's i think, so its not like the Coke Break advert.


More this....


                                                                ......than this!
A lovely evening with my choir friends. Really enjoyed it. I wore a scarf. I feel the need to report on my head gear no matter where I've been. By the time i got home, and after all the hugs i had at choir, the scarf was nearly hanging off. I felt a bit like Cinderella, just got home in time before my pretty scarf turned to a bristly head! Anyway, i whipped it off and donned my wooly hat, which is not head gear to be worn anywhere except in the house, and not to be viewed by the public. I did my chores and then got undressed for bed. Wooly tights off, dress off over the head. I taped my line in case its not as well anchored now it doesn't have a dressing on it, and got into bed. Something was missing. I had my phone, laptop, remote control, cup of tea. Then it dawned on me.......i was bald! My hat had come off when i took my dress off. I think you had to be there, but it made me laugh.
Oh the jolly japes i have on my chemo journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment