Monday 14 March 2016

11.3.16

Uh oh!
Guess who can't brush her hair any more cos its falling out? Yes me! Im glad i washed it yesterday.
I now have to think of some different headresses. Last year i had a feather boa, a hand made over sized wooly hat, different scarves and a wig. Im gonna see if i can come up with something unique this time. Any suggestions, let me know!
Dr Jack just rang. Apparently my stem cells were so successful he has suggested we go in to business together and open a stem cell farm! I had enough cells to do a transplant 10 times over! So when they're harvested he will take them all and freeze them for if they're needed in the future. Thats why I've felt so rough over the last 10 days.
So that they are harvested at the right time, i don't need to go in for my next session of chemo till the 28th march! Im amazed. I have another 2 weeks off. I could go on holiday if i wanted.  He has said my chance of curing this is now 50 - 60% and they want to give me the best chance, so as soon as the next session of chemo is done, and after the jabs, the cells are harvested and frozen. I have a pet scan to check my status, in remission or not, and they will then decided whether i need more chemo or not, then i will start radio. He said he'd rather i had just the 2 sessions to keep the toxicity down. Its not good for you!!
I have decided to stay at Chris's for a few days. There are plenty of distractions, (and i don't need to cook dinner). There are sheep next door and they're lambing and i love that. The alpacas of course, making their funny noises. The pigs squealing and rolling in mud. They always remind me of a song my mum used to sing to her brother when she was younger.

A pig is an animal with dirt on his face, his shoes are a terrible disgrace.
He's got no manners when he eats his food, he's fat and lazy and extremely rude.
So if you don't give a feather or a fig, you may grow up to be a pig.

The good thing about being on a farm.... you always need straw, hay and bedding. My hair is dropping so quickly i could make a few mattresses for the lambs!








No comments:

Post a Comment