Sunday 10 April 2016

9.4.16

Why do i save everything for best? Ive done it all my life. I can quite honestly say I've bought stuff and its stayed in my wardrobe for years in some cases, whilst i save it for best.
Mary rang me yesterday, my nursey friend. We always end up in tears of laughter, unable to catch our breath, usually for something silly. Don't you just love friends like that? She's the reason I'm questioning saving stuff for best. Don't know how we got onto that subject, but we always go off at a tangent. She saves stuff too.
It made me think i should use all my 'best' stuff now, if it fits of course!
I made a patchwork quilt about 20 years ago, and I've never used it. So yesterday i changed my bed.


After a good nights sleep i know why i haven't used it! See the top bit where the pillows are? Theres a frill. It got on my nerves tickling my nose, and the bottom bit, i hadn't sewn on buttons or velcro or anything, so I'm expecting my quilt to fall out at any time during the night! Listen out for the blue language!
My other catch up project is a cross stitch that i started about 15 years ago. I took it to hospital last time and i actually did some after having put it down for about 10 years. It would be nice to finish it and frame it and put it on the wall somewhere!.
Still got a lot to do. A border all the way round in the fashion of stars and stripes and a load of buildings and signs. Its gonna take a while, so i better get on with it. A new pair of eyes would be beneficial. 
I never save food! Strange that. If its in the fridge, its fair game. And i have a bit of an OCD thing where i have to tidy it up. I can't leave it in the fridge, if it can be eaten....now. 
Saying that, since this recent treatment, i leave things for ages, even to go off and i have to throw it. I just don't have the same desperation to eat it. 
But theres one thing that i can't save........my tears. 
I can't help but cry at everything, not necessarily sad.
My most recent show of emotion was the orchestra that played on Britains Got Talent. They played/sang Don't stop me Now which we have covered at Rock Choir.
It was amazing and i really enjoyed.
My reaction?
'That was amazing. I would press the gold buzzer for that.' Then i erupted into tears. 
Luckily i was alone, therefore my embarrassment was saved!


No comments:

Post a Comment