Thursday 7 April 2016

6.4.16

I am feeling slightly better, but as the day has gone on I've felt bloated, so uncomfortable. The horrid taste seems to get worse as the day goes on too, and my mouth is very watery. I feel like i want to keep spitting, but not being a camel, i try to desist.
As i sit here waiting for nursey to come and give me injections numbers 7, 8 and 9, and i try to stay awake, not wishing to spook my chance of a good nights sleep, i decided to google the symptoms of the jabs!
Oh Holy Mother of Mary.
I dont stand a chance.

Filgastrim: injection injectable, injection solution
As well as its needed effects, filgrastim (the active ingredient contained in Neupogen) may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention. 
If any of the following side effects occur while taking filgrastim, check with your doctor immediately:
More common
  • Abdominal or stomach pain
  • bleeding gums
  • bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
  • blood in the urine or stools
  • bloody nose
  • cough
  • coughing up blood
  • diarrhea
  • difficult or labored breathing
  • difficulty with swallowing
  • dizziness
  • facial swelling
  • feeling of fullness
  • fever or chills
  • headache
  • increased menstrual flow or vaginal bleeding
  • lower back or side pain
  • nausea or vomiting
  • nosebleeds
  • pain in the back, ribs, arms, or legs
  • pain spreading to the left shoulder
  • painful or difficult urination
  • pale skin
  • paralysis
  • pinpoint red or purple spots on the skin
  • prolonged bleeding from cuts
  • red or black, tarry stools
  • red or dark brown urine
  • skin rash
  • sore throat
  • sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips, tongue, or inside the mouth
  • tightness in the chest
  • troubled breathing with exertion
  • unusual bleeding or bruising
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • Less common
    • Blurred vision
    • chest pain
    • nervousness
    • pounding in the ears
    • slow or fast heartbeats

No wonder i don't feel much like getting out of bed. I tend to flounder in my bed till I've taken all medication, had a couple of digestives and a cup of weird tasting tea. Till i know I'm safe from anything negative. To be honest, i don't know what i do!
Although the last few days I've been organising my route to hospital for my radiotherapy. I requested on my page on FB for any help with transport. The amount of people who have offered astounded me. Theres some very nice people out there.
Another of the things i actually do, is think of food. My only vice at the mo. And even that i can't do properly cos of taste loss, watery mouth, nausea, lethargy, etc etc etc. I spend my time thinking what id like to eat and then end up eating a tin of Heinz spaghetti bolognaise, which is really nasty, but it does the trick being carbohydrate and being that i don't have to cook cos i haven't got the energy. I spend time watching Masterchef, Saturday Kitchen and stuff like that. You don't know what a let down it is to have spag bol, out of a tin. Putting my own stamp on it is squirting a bit of tomato sauce into it before blasting it in the microwave and stuffing it down before going back to bed.
And of course, this full feeling stops me eating too much at any time. I hate this full feeling, especially cos i haven't benefited by stuffing my face with a delicious, exquisite meal.
Well last night i had the dream of a 'treat'.  Sam brought 2 Ben and Jerrys Wich ice creams. He had one and told me the other one was for me.
I waited till the nurse came and went at 10pm and then decided i couldn't possibly eat it then cos i was too full and it was bed time, and so on and so forth of july. So i slipped into a nights sleep dreaming of this treat that i could, if i really wanted, have for breakfast, rather than the crunchy nut cornflakes that usually wake me up in the mornings.
I dashed (term used loosely) downstairs and put the kettle on. I opened the freezer door, mouth watering, but not in my usual nauseous way, in an excited 'i will be fulfilled' way.
I couldn't find it!
Oh noooooooooooo!
I bet Sam had it.
I texted him at work.
'Its in the middle drawer, not in the box.'
Do you know, i was about to cry, such was my disappointment.
Oh Yeah!!

Mmmmmm...
Bollocks!





No comments:

Post a Comment