Wednesday 13 April 2016

13.4.16

Im happy to be reporting from my lounge on a beautifully sunny day. A day where Chris and Chloe are visiting. A day where at one stage i thought id still be in the Dorset Cancer Centre being mauled and abused.
Needless to say my stem cells were an acceptable amount and i was de-lined and sent home.
Removal of the line was the next bit of anxiety for me. How was it gonna feel? I didn't expect it to be excruciating, i think i just wanna be left alone. Its been quite a few weeks of being pumped with stuff and manhandled. Anyway, the removal. It wasn't bad, just felt like someone was pulling something out of the vein in my groin......and they were! It was about 6 inches long (for any men reading, thats normally 3 inches for you!) and it was quite girthy!!! Sorry i had to use that word after the 3 inch comment. It makes me shudder thinking about it, and i realise at some stage the one in my chest will have to be removed, and that ones had time to make itself feel at home.  Never mind, i'll panic about that one when it happens.
And the lovely Lyn and Martin came to pick me up at about 9.30 which was so nice of them.
Oh it was absolute heaven to be home.
And its quite interesting seeing all my bruises today. Ive been doing that thing where you try to interpret something from inkblots, the Rorschach test. So far i have seen a plate of spaghetti bolognaise, a dog, and a mosquito. One is starting to look remarkably like my cross stitch of the map of USA. That could be handy if i ever go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment