Sunday 24 April 2016

23.4.16

Its saturday. A radiotherapy free day. And I'm mighty happy about that. I must say the last couple of days the treatment has been quicker and therefore a lot more tolerable. But Im hoping no radio = no symptoms.
And over the last few days I've been out to tea and cakey with my 'driver' which was nice. The response to my request for transport to the hospital has been unbelievable. I never knew i had such caring lovely friends.
So following saturday and sunday without radiotherapy, when i thought i would lose the symptoms, I'm sad to find I'm still nauseous and I'm very dizzy. I can't move too quickly otherwise the room follows a few minutes later making me feel like I've had some of the falling over juice.
So despite watching Jamie Olivers 15 minute meals, i find myself back on the Heinz tinned spaghetti bolognaise - its a 2 minute meal!
And being told to rest.....i have no choice. I fall asleep about 6 times during the day and each time i  wake up, i feel like I've been drugged. I feel so rough for about half an hour, and then i recover to my normal feeling of rough!  Oh whinge, whinge whinge. Anyone would think I'm having a hard time!
Sunday morning, actually its afternoon now, i had crunchy nut cornflakes in bed with a cup of black tea, and now, after an anti sickness tab, I've dragged myself downstairs to the lounge hoping i'll feel more normal.  The sky is blue with white fluffy clouds, one shaped like a dog. The birds are flying round my garden and the wind is blowing my trees and bushes, making me aware of all the pruning i have to do. Theres so much i want to do. I want to get the table and chairs out, and erect (haha i said erect!) a small portable plastic green house in my lean-to where i can grow lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, etc so that i can eat healthier. Maybe a few herbs growing in the garden too.
So many plans, so little energy. Roll on mid june.
So tomorrow......Morag and Jilly sitting in a tree, R A D I O T H E R A P EEEEE, strap me to a bed and raise my arms up high, and any lymphoma cells can kiss my a** goodbye!
Ha ha that tickled me.
Good bye weekend, see you in 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment