Tuesday 7 June 2016

6.6.16

Done it!!!! Im so happy i could do a dance, but it would make me too dizzy!
Ive finished chemo.
I started with a diuretic (to make me wee loads to flush the drug out!), hydrocortisone which helps with nausea, recovery and other things but i can't think what at the mo, and anti emetic, also for nausea. All through my Kickman, so no needles.
I did a little twerking during the IV hydrocortisone. It gives you a sensation of prickly ants running round your undergarments! Really, it does. So i twerked, much to Paul, the charge nurses distress!
Ice pops.  I had 10 of the little lovers.


And heres me enjoying my favourite, a red one. 


I flipping hate them now.
And then as i lay there recovering  about 3 hours later, i see someone in the corridor that i thought i recognised. I managed to get out of bed and walk the corridor to find a lady who used to teach me belly dancing. Now no laughing, i know i have a belly to die for at the mo, but i was a fair bit trimmer in those days. Her hubby also has HL and he's relapsed too. We've had the same treatment and he has his SCT the end of this month. 
It was so lovely to see her, and him. But what a blast from the past. She hasn't changed a bit, I'm sure she's not saying the same thing about me!
Sadly my dancing mood didn't stay for too long. The steroids stopped me sleeping. I was up from 12mn till 2am chatting with the nurses on duty. Even then i couldn't sleep for at least an hour. I spent that time thinking of what I'm gonna do when I'm let out of hospital and I've recovered. The world will be my oyster. The only trouble is, I've forgotten what i decided. 






No comments:

Post a Comment