Friday 17 June 2016

18.6.16

Im home!
Don't worry, you havn't mislaid  a blog somewhere. I was told a couple of days ago that i could go home if my bloods recovered. Thursday my neutrophils were 0.4 and friday they were 2.3. That is epic. So i was so excited about going home, making plans, talking to people to arrange things, that i had no time to blog. So its all in this one.
So it was a question of whipping through observations, blood tests, IV antibiotics, drugs, trying to eat and drink, trying not to go to the loo, etc etc etc. And i did all that, and now I'm home.
So Jane collected me about midday. She's a twinkle. Dropped everything on her day off to ferry me and all my stuff around. We, and when i say we, i mean she,  got all my stuff in the car, i think i thought i was there for a month...... oh yes i was supposed to be there for a month!
Once in the car i had a cry. No reason, i just felt i should. It wasn't a crying cry, it was a laughing, excited, amazed cry and Jane kept laughing at me. It was elation! I was going home.
For so long now I've lived under the black cloud of a stem cell transplant, now i was going home. No better feeling in the world for me.
We got home and Jane unpacked. Jane made me some soup. Jane took stuff upstairs for me. Jane was a star. After a cuppa and a chat she left so i could have a well earned snooze. Doing nothing is very tiring.
Then Den arrived with a lovely bunch of flowers and a big smile.
She made me a cuppa and then we sat and gassed for a couple of hours. It was lovely. Then she left me for another snooze again.
Then Sam arrived home with the shopping. We sat and gassed for a bit and then it was time for bed.
My own bed.
Spider removed from hanging from the ceiling at the end of the bed, lights off, pillows arranged.....and sleep.
Night terror!
How rude. Ive not had one of them since before i went in for my treatment. Half an hour after falling asleep, as usual. They're very manageable now tho, not so much a night terror as a night irritation these days.
But nothing can dampen my spirits at the moment.
So I've woken this morning after a lovely long sleep, no interruptions. Ive been downstairs and made a cuppa tea, sorted my meds, washing up (i forgot the tap was running and it overflowed!), put my washing on, folded up Sams washing, and back in bed with my tea and a bowl of cornflakes. I forgot i wasn't 'normal'. The cornflakes didn't work, but the tea did.
And how did i manage to do the things i did downstairs? Im supposed to be helpless, weak and feeble, needing lots of rest. Otherwise i'll just crash and sleepzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment