Monday 6 June 2016

4.6.16

Day -3. My son Chris's 30th birthday and I'm not there to share it with him. This could be the first birthday I've not been with him. Feel like i have a limb missing! His reply would be, 'its not brain damage though, is it?'
I look forward to the time i can celebrate with him. It may not be his actual birthday, but it will be special to me especially cos he says he's taking me on a spa day with Chloe at Centre Parcs Aqua Sana.
Other than that, Sam visited me and brought me a quarter pounder meal from McD's. Then Linzi arrived bearing gifts, 3 x scratch cards and some little candles in china animals, so sweet.
After they departed i went for a wander upstairs on the ground floor and i spied a Costas. I dashed (whatever!) back to my room to get my purse and headed back there to see if there was something nice to eat for tea. When i got back to Costas i was informed it wasn't open till monday! Bummer.
 Back to the ward and dinner was served. Sweet and sour veggies with rice. Oh good golly Miss Molly, it was amazing, but i was still stuffed from the burger! Tomorrow is another day.
I was lucky enough to be pointed in the direction of the veggie menu by Glenn on the ward. What a fab idea. The food is so much better, although no meat obviously.
Day -2.  Woke up feeling tired and jaded, and itchy. Im wondering if Beryl has something contagious as she's been complaining of an itch for days. She's been complaining of a few other things too. Sunday morning is special when you're woken up by a few bowel sounds! A treat for the ears and the nose! Oh god, move me into my single room quickly!
I am now covered all over in a red spotty rash, very becoming. At least if i get bored i can do a dot to dot.
On the plus side, i enjoyed a vegetable curry and rice, and the 'small' portion was enough for me and my visitor! Im sticking with the veggie menu from now on. Result!
So my penultimate chemo tonight, and mango flan tomorrow. Dr Jack assures me its nowhere near as bad as the first day! But then he also told me i have scabies! He's such a card!
Sadly the ward have just run out of hot chocolate......thank goodness Costa opens tomorrow!
In my excitement, i have fashioned some slippers out of bed pans.  A little uncomfortable, but beggars can't be choosers. I wonder what the dress code is in Costa's. Is paper mache foot attire acceptable?


Day -1. Still itching like mad this morning. HCA has arrived with her bucket load of perfume on which normally i hate, it makes me feel sick, but today she has come in mighty handy. Feral Beryl has 'performed' after 6 days. Wafting the HCAs perfumed body round our bedroom has cleared the aroma! I must say Beryl is very sweet. She entertains me during the day with her funny little quips. But this side of her is unacceptable!
Anyway, fluids to be erected at 10 for 'Mango Flan' at 11. Any of you that tune in regularly to my blog will know mango flan is the final chemo drug, Melphalan. Ice pops starting at 10.40. Luckily its a sunny day to enjoy ice pops. I am, however, feeling slightly anxious.
My mouth also is starting to 'go'. Its feeling a bit numb and the mucous membrane feels thick, as if its about to drop off. Oh joy! But every second is a second nearer to going home.......and repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment