Tuesday 4 October 2016

14.9.16

This is a nice excursion for my birthday month, a PET scan.
Nil By Mouth from 2am, thank goodness its an early appointment so i don't have to starve too long.
No metal allowed, so earrings removed, glittery nail varnish removed (my logic says it has metal in it, so it has to go, not that my fingers are being scanned!), no bra! Note to self.......dont trip over them! That would be embarrassing.
So I'm off. Back later.
Very uneventful although i could teach the nurse/practitioner a few tips on patient care!
Then the 'main' week.
Monday - Hospital for bloods.
Tuesday - dentist to have a crown.
Wednesday -  'B' day. A flipping good day. Out for lunch - The Edge, (I don't mean i went out with the fella from U2). overlooking the sea. Then to see Bridget Jones Baby. Then home for coffee and a chat.
Thursday - hospital to see Dr Jack, only i didn't see him. Don't know if he was away or busy elsewhere but i saw another doctor who gave me my results of my scan. All clear. I was expecting this but theres always a little doubt. I think after my recent treatment i would have been devastated as well as surprised to find the lymphoma was still there. The job is to try and stay in remission. Lets hope so this time.
Friday - i went to Chris's house for the weekend for further celebrations.
Chris, Chloe and I went into Bath and went to the Real Italian Pizza Company for lunch. The best pizzas, just like Italian ones. I suppose it would do when you take into consideration the name. Then we had Real Italian Ice Cream. Low calorie of course. Went shopping. Spent money. Wore myself out. It was great.  Chloe and I even went into a shop that sells 'naughty' stuff, and i don't mean Chocolat. The places where batteries aren't included. We had a bit of fun with the over zealous shop worker. I bet she wished she'd never offered her help.
Back to Chris's to help with the piggies, the chooks and quacks, tortoises, cat, dogs and any other waifs and strays. There were a couple of alpacas cutting the lawn a couple of weeks ago!
So my birthday month turned out OK despite all the happenings. I must say the re-addition of Prosecco in my life is quite exhilarating. 5 glasses in one month!
I think i need more practice though!

No comments:

Post a Comment