Friday 5 August 2016

5.8.16

Echo day. Im not gonna embarrass myself by writing ECHO Echo echo co co co. That would be silly.
I arrive at my favourite hospital - Poole. Drive straight into a parking spot. I just know all is gonna go well today.
You see, I'm a bit of a tease. You're all thinking its gone badly as my recent hospital visits have gone. You'll have to read on to find out.
The first hurdle. The cardio-respiratory department was well thought out. Patients with heart and chest problems normally have some shortness of breath. So they have placed the department up a 50ft steepish ramp. So by the time you get to the smiley friendly receptionist you're close to a cardiac arrest. At least you're in the right place i suppose.
I am directed to the seating area with all the old people. Im always the youngest there. I don't know if thats something to brag about or not.
Whilst they read Womens Weekly and  Readers Digest, i pull my iPad from my bag and play a game or two. I wonder if i had the app if there were any Pokemons or Pikachus in the area?
Im called in for my Echo (co co co) by a nice bald man. I can see we have plenty in common.
I am asked to get on the couch.........topless. Its an uncomfortable feeling laying there wearing nothing but a skirt. I even removed my hat. I did warn him first tho. Didn't want him having palpitations.
A quick unexpected squirt of cold gel made me feel like id been defibrillated. Im sure i bounced off the couch.
And we're off.
Breath in. Hold it. Breath normally.
Breath in. Breath out a bit. Hold it. Breath normally.
Breath out quickly and forcibly through the nose. A brief description of why was given, but in one ear and out the other. Something to do with blood vessels closing.
Gel removed (by myself i might add) from various parts of the upper body. Dressed. 'Titfer' back in position, and back down the ramp. A lot easier going down than coming up!
See. That wasn't too painful was it!
2 weeks till i see the cardiologist (oh bugger, back up the ramp) and find out if the treatment has done any damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment